Pages

Monday, August 18, 2014

To Be or not to Be... translated



Hello! *waves* How are you? Remember me?


Oh, come on, you MUST remember me, I wasn’t gone that long! And I had a good reason. A very good reason! I swear! I was working. *stands proudly* that’s right, working.

Working??? I hear you say. Doing what? Some of you are asking.

Well… Translating of course!

And I’m here today to say thank you. Thank you for being my friends (some of you for such a long time now), thank you for trusting me to translate your books when you didn’t have any real proof that I’d be good at it, thank you for staying by my side even if I didn’t log on a lot these past months. Not only did I find real friends all around the world, but I also found a job that I’m loving. I love it. I really do. But I have a problem… I suck at promoting. Oh, no! Don’t get me wrong, I’m good at promoting the books I translate. We have a network of French bloggers and reviewers and they get involved every time one of our translations is published, plus forums and groups where we discuss each release.  I just suck at promoting myself. And in case you didn’t notice, that’s what I trying do here (see? I told you I totally suck at it!). 

Ok, let’s begin again…

Hi, my name is Jade Baiser and my friend Valérie and I have decided to create a translation company called Juno Translation. Well, it's more an association than a company, but the goal remains the same. I translate, Valérie is proofreading, and we deliver high quality translations (at least that’s what the French readers say after reading the finished product!)

True, we only translated MM romance… until now. Since we love what we’re doing so much, we thought “why stop at one genre?”. So we are now translating MM, FM and we hope MFM, and MMM (my dream…). The only thing requested is that we like the story. We don’t want to translate anything just to make money. That’s not our goal at all. We want to share books we enjoy with the French readers, books they would have never read if we didn’t translate them. We love when they discover a new author and they are charmed or aroused by the way they write.

The truth is (and I’m speaking for myself but I’m sure Valérie feels the same) when one of my translations is released, I jump up and down everywhere, I look at the ratings every two seconds, and I’m as excited as the author. In fact, it’s almost like it was my book. But it’s not. Except for the love I put in my translation, the story, the style, the feelings, all are the author’s.

Anyway, where was I? Oh yes, promoting…

If you have a book you would like to translate in French, I’m your man… um… your woman. So please, don’t hesitate to contact me on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/junotraductions or send me a message jadebaiser @ yahoo.fr (with no space).

Have I gotten your attention? Are you interested in broadening your audience of readers? Do you long for a true French kiss to be bestowed on you? Feel free to message me with any and all questions you have… all you need is slightly wet lips, an imagination that makes you tingle and of course, a paypal account.

There, how was I?



2 comments:

  1. Good luck with your new page and 'association'! I'll keep my eye on you :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've the feeling that you will -both of you- success ! I've to say that it's great. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete